Sunday, October 16, 2011

Good food is Green Food...

Yesterday, Karl and I finally tried out Yong Green Food on Brunswick Street. The last time we tried to nab a table it was impossible so we went a little later this time, and luckily, a table had just opened up! We persused the menu, which took ages and was very overwhelming due to the sheer amount of choice. I settled on a delicious raw cacao smoothie made with, as the name suggests, raw cacao, vanilla, agave nectar and almond milk...


When I took the first sip I was absolutely blown away! The smoothie was super thick, almost like semi-melted ice-cream, and it was incredibly sweet and chocolatey. It was seriously one of the best things I have tasted in months. I would recommend it to all! I also ordered the rawsagne - Layers of zucchini and mushroom with lashings of cashew cream and tomato sauce.


This was absolutely delicious. The cashew cream was thick and creamy and the garlic flavour was sensational. It was quite filling but not as heavy as a regular, meaty lasagne. I will definitely be going back to try more of the delicious raw options as well as some of the raw desserts! The raw cheesecake and pecan pie are definitely on my "To eat" list.

So, if you're on Brunsiwck street and you want to eat food you can feel good about, I highly recommend Yong Green Food!

No comments:

Post a Comment