Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Spring time reading...

With all of my assigned reading complete and the semester drawing to a close, I actually have the chance to read the things I enjoy. I am currently reading:

1. Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook by Isa Chandra Moskowitz & Terry Hope Romero


This really is the ULTIMATE vegan cook book. I think every vegan/vegetarian/food conscious individual should own this book. I have made two meals out of this book and they were both incredible, time consuming, but incredible. Tonight I made spinach kugel which had this delicious breadcrumb and tofu "sauce" that tasted exactly like ricotta and last night I made the Cauliflower and mushroom potpie with black olive crust which was so hearty and creamy and delicious I couldn't take it. The crust was salty and crispy and could easily have been eaten on its own. These are some amazing recipes with tonnes of flavour and "feel-good" power. Seriously, buy the book!

2. Delusions of Gender by Cordelia Fine


I am only half way through this little gem and I am finding it incredibly interesting. Cordelia Fine essentially aims to debunk the "science" behind gender difference in a witty and clever manner. She's doing a pretty good job too! This is an enlightening read for those of you who believe differences in cognitive/musical/artistic/intellectual ability are explained by gender. I'm loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment