Friday, July 15, 2011

Comfortably numb...

I'm camped out in front of the heater, with a kitten in my lap. I have been on the medication the doctor prescribed for four days and I am feeling noticeably better. I'm only just now suffering a few of the side effects I was warned about, namely sleep disturbance and stomach upset, but other than that my mind feels clear and calm again. Every day, I notice that I feel slightly better than the day before and I am thankful for that. I am also thankful to all of the friends who have kept me company, or called, or sent an owl or showed their support in any way, shape, or form. It really means a lot to me. You're all dolls!

I haven't felt like the crazy lady on the tram for two days. I have finally eaten a meal and I could endure a gym class today without suffering a panic attack. I can now sit in my own home without curling up on the floor with my head in the cat bowl, crying my eyes out. It has only been a few days but I feel so much better. I do feel a lot more calm than I have ever been, and I must admit, I feel a little bit numbed. Nothing seems to be worrying or concerning me and at this point, I need that.

No comments:

Post a Comment