Friday, December 9, 2011

Sometimes the end is just the beginning...

After almost seven years my fiance Karl and I have decided to break up. It took many months to come to the decision but we realised that we are much better friends than we are lovers. Karl is my best friend on the planet and I love him like a brother, we will always be a part of each other's lives just not in the way I initially imagined. We are both doing well.

So, now that the depressing stuff is out of the way, here is the fun stuff: I will be moving out in the first few weeks of January. My sister and I are renting a place in North Coburg. My sister is a metallurgist in Mt. Isa so she is away for 16 days of the month. So, I will essentially be living on my own for the first time in my entire life! I am both excited and nervous. I feel like my creative and social life will blossom while living on my own (hint, hint: I'll need to be out on the town more often) and I think that I will grow so much more as an individual. The idea of being able to decorate home how I want to is very exciting (my sister and I already hit up Ikea and will be doing so again soon) as well as the idea of being financially independent. So, dear friends of mine, I will be living on my own for a majority of the time so feel free to hit me up for fun times.

Besides that, I have finally submitted my final academic record to the University of Melbourne and will find out if I have been accepted into their honours course soon.

I have also lost a butt tonne of weight and feel great.

I think 2012 is going to be a great year.

No comments:

Post a Comment