Friday, July 22, 2011

Everything's comin' up Milhouse!



It's cold and hazy outside and I am once again curled up in front of the heater with a kitten in my lap. I don't really have the energy to write coherently, so I wont. Here is a random collection of thoughts from the week.

1. I have been on anti-anxiety medication for almost two weeks and it's working wonders. I feel as if I am a fabulous, glittery heeled creature frolicking amongst daisies, without a care in the world. It's a nice feeling seeing as my brain almost imploded on me two weeks ago. I'm more patient now, and more calm. It's amazing how many little things we let bother us and weigh us down on a daily basis. I can see now how little it used to take to irritate me or push my buttons and how little things would sour my mood for an entire day. Now I am a blissful ball of cookie dough, nothing gets me down and the people whose mere presence used to bother me are banished from my mind.

2. The Office. Great, GREAT show. I only just discovered this.

3. I have almost finished reading "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix". I'm almost there damn it! I'll see Deathly Hallows one day.

4. I return to university on Monday. I am really looking forward to the subjects I am taking: "Witches and Depravity", "Twentieth Century America", "Public Enemies, Public Heroes: Gangsters, Romance and Reality", and "Renaissance Europe". How awesome do they sound?!?! Freakin' awesome. I have a very positive feeling about this semester, I managed to get four high distinctions (Or "A's") last semester so I'm on a roll and feeling pumped.

5. My birthday is in two months and I am planning something awesome (I know, I know! It's ages away). I'll be twenty-five (Eep!) and I want to do something fun and different. There are ideas brewing in this head o' mine.

6. My BFF went to Vietnam and brought me back the most gorgeous gifts! I was lucky enough to receive a silk robe, a soldier's pin from the war, the best poster I have ever seen in my life (!!), and a handmade comb. I'm a lucky gal.

7. I finally found my perfect bowl of porridge. It was at Tusk Cafe Bar on Chapel street. It was perfect. It wasn't sloppy and mushy like all of the other bowls I tried (Ahem, Amici Bakery Cafe), it had ample honey and slivered almonds on the top. It wasn't too hot, or too cold...It was just right! You simply must go and try it! Grab a latte too, they do a pretty nice cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment