Wednesday, June 8, 2011

المملكة المغربية



My mother just returned from a month long stay in Morocco. After fifty-five years of Australian living, my mother flew on her own, to a country she has dreamt of visiting her entire life.



My mother has always been an inspiration to me - A strong, fiercely independent and overwhelmingly strange woman suffering from perpetual wanderlust - She has always taught me to embrace my flaws and follow my heart. Her soujourn in Morocco has shown me that I can do anything I want, at any age if I set my mind to it.



My mother came bearing gifts of course. Hand-beaten silver bracelets from Agadir, one of the largest cities in Morocco were her gift to me.





My mother's soujourn in Morocco has ignited the hereditary wanderlast within me. I can't wait to get out and see this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment