Tuesday, June 28, 2011

And my heart was beatin' fast...

I had a sleepless night. An abrupt awakening left me feeling lost and dreaming of the past. I rolled onto my back and stared at the ceiling. I rolled again, out of the bed and onto my feet. I stood swaying in front of the mirror, sleep in my eyes and sorrow in my soul. Kittens purred and rubbed against my legs. Grey clouds absorbed the sun's lights and kept me in darkness. I dragged a brush through my tangled hair, threw on a coat and left. On my way to another boring something or other, trapped on a humid tram filled with sweaty school boys and their sweaty thoughts.

But then you called me.

You told me not to worry,everything would be okay. We'd grab a coffee and go for a walk. So I peeled myself off the tattered tram seat and trudged towards you.

There you were. Smiling. And we went for a walk. And we grabbed coffee. And everything was okay.




No comments:

Post a Comment